CEDEC wants you as new EU Policy Officer
CEDEC is looking for an EU Policy Officer to join our team.
He/she will offer information and interest representation services to our European members (national associations and local and regional companies), with a strong feeling for effective external and internal communication.
She/he will contribute to strengthen an extensive network across the EU institutions, in view of conveying the messages of CEDEC, its member companies and their local shareholders to all actors involved in the policy-making processes at EU level (European institutions, regulators, other stakeholders).
How will you contribute to our goals ?
- Follow up relevant developments at EU level in the fields of energy and climate
- Analyse policy proposals in view of the targeted briefing of members
- Draft position papers, reports and presentations
- Coordinate members’ positions on diverse topics, from different perspectives (technical, legal, economic)
- Prepare and follow-up on internal working groups
- Represent the association in external expert groups
- Translate needed policy actions in streamlined and comprehensive communication (website, social media, press releases, newsletter, extranet).
What do we expect from you ?
- Open-minded & balanced personality, willing to contribute to a small but dynamic team
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in European energy and energy-related climate policies, having sound knowledge of the EU regulatory processes – involvement in the Clean Energy Package and/or in the developing gas legislation is a major plus.
- Fluent oral and written communication in English - other EU languages are a clear asset
- Strong interpersonal skills, with sense of diplomacy to manage the relationships between persons and associations in a European environment
- Proactive, flexible and able to work independently in a dynamic environment
- Master degree, preferably in European politics or European law
- Available as soon as possible
- Sense of humour.
What can you expect from us ?
- A progressive environment striving to contribute to a sustainable energy future.
- A very competitive and complete salary package in line with the required qualifications.
- Centrally located offices, next to main public transport lines (Brussels Central Station).
Inspired by this attractive opportunity ?
Send us your CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “CEDEC EU Policy Officer” until 20September 2019.